Thứ Năm, 26 tháng 5, 2016

WHAT IS THE BEST CAMERA FOR VLOGGING?


Answering the question, what is the best camera for vlogging can be a lot about personal choice and a lot about budget in my opinion. Before I invested in a camera I did a lot of research, the first part being, what were other Vloggers using? I started with current top You Tubers like Pewdiepie, Thatcher Joe and Zoella, what did they use? Much time was spent googling their cameras and watching their videos to see it they showed what they were filming on and I could use my detective skills to work it out for myself.

1) USING A DLSR TO VLOG.

Canon DLSR 60D

The second camera I progressed to was my Canon DLSR 60D. Now, this is great camera, it’s compact and you can get all fancy with lens, if you want to be more ‘filmic’ with your videos. You can also self focus and zoom in and out, and well, it’s just a ‘real camera’ and does everything a real camera will do. This is a great camera to opt for as you can use for photos too, genius! This camera suited me for vlogging because I could turn the viewer to face me, meaning I could frame shots well, making sure I had my subject in focus and framed well.

The biggest downside of this camera for me was the weight of it, the carrying around the albeit small rucksack with tripod, which wasn’t so great for those events that turned into nights out and I have been known to be dancing in the small hours with rucksack and tripod in tow, especially during the Edinburgh festival. It’s an extra worry that someone might be too heavy handed and my kit might break. The DLSR, while great for indie filmmaking, wasn’t very discreet, hard to hold in selfie mode and just not ideal for a long term option. Then, I started looking for the best vlogging camera known to man! 

Now, before I go onto the last and final Camera, I want to confess a little flirtation with my GoPro Hero 4 for vlogging. It was so brief I almost forgot about it. Now you can’t really go wrong with this camera, you can attach it to a selfie stick, point and shoot. It’s also so super teeny it ticks all the compact boxes and record great images, sound can be patchy as it’s being picked up from the camera but you can get externals if you wanted, doesn’t make it as compact anymore though. It does give a ‘Fish eye’ effect, because it has a wide lens, but you can reduce in editing, so don’t get worried about that. All in all it’s a great little camera, BUT, it’s not the ideal camera. I find it best to stick with the GoPro for adventures!


2) USING THE CANON POWERSHOT G7X TO VLOG.

And then there was ‘The One’, THE BEST CAMERA FOR VLOGGING, if you are prepared to save up for it. Priced at around the £350 mark, the Canon Powershot G7X is not the cheapest vlogging camera BUT, it is definitely the best vlogging camera. This is the camera I researched from the start, this is the camera that PewDiePie uses, and if you want to take your lead from someone, it might as well be the best You Tuber in the world. Am I right?

Okay, let’s be real here, I know this camera might be out of price range for many, and there are cheaper versions around the £100 mark. If you are new, then opt for one of them. Luminex do a great version. My decision was made as a film maker, I can use this camera for more than vlogging, I’ve used it on shoots, it’s so compact, it has a self facing viewer, which was the reason I wanted it so badly, and why I recommend a camera of it’s type. When you’re shooting it’s good to see immediately what you are shooting rather than searching through footage and finding half your face missing or stuff like that.

This camera gives you all the features of a regular DLSR. You can be ‘filmic’. Am sure when you look through the videos you will notice the differences, in image quality, sound, and perhaps even content as confidence in my equipment grows.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét